About The Practice
Nick Castle MSc (Ost), BSc (Hons) Sports and Musculoskeletal Osteopath, Graduate Sports Rehabilitator is the Owner and Clinical director of Nick Castle Osteopathy & Sports Medicine Clinics.
Please see below for more information on available treatments.
- Osteopathy - Hands on manual therapy taking into account spinal alignment and soft tissues, sometimes including manipulation (clicking) of the joints if necessary.
- Physiotherapy - Physical methods to stop your pain, we know Physiotherapy and we want to help you.
- Medical Acupuncture - The insertion of needles directly into muscle (usually into a myofascial trigger point), with the aim of reducing pain and increasing movement and enhancing everyday function. Although Acupuncture needles are used, this is strictly not Acupuncture and is not based on TCM or Acupuncture methods.
- Exercise Rehabilitation - Exercise is sometimes the best form of treatment for a soft tissue injury or prevention of musculo-skeletal dysfunction. Corrective Exercise is sometimes used either during the session or as a Home Exercise Programme.
- Pilates - Sometimes the use of Pilates is used during or after treatment. Pilates was created by Joeseph Pilates and is used widley in physical therapy and rehabilitation all around the world.
- Kinesio Tex Tape - was developed by Dr. Kenzo Kase in 1973 and he subsequently brought this to the UK in 2004. It is designed to relax tired or overused muscles as a therapy or stimulate weak or underused muscles. It effectively works as an extra treatment, in between treatments! It is commonly seen amongst professional athletes including football, tennis, rugby and athletics.
To find out more or to arrange an appointment with us please call us on 0207 386 9777 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Have any questions, make an enquiry Enquire Now
I didn't actually choose to see Nick - I was sent to him by my exasperated personal trainer, and now I can't thank her enough! Five weeks before the London Marathon I developed a pain in one of my glutes and did what any self-respecting idiot would do - ran on it until it was so bad it hurt just to walk, and the months of training seemed like they'd been for nothing.
Nick is wonderful. He's very professional and thorough and he has a naturally calming manner that will put you at ease. He also clearly knows his stuff - in our first session he quickly identified my problem (piriformis) explained it in terms I could understand (!) and gave me exercises to speed up recovery.
I had three more sessions and they were well worth it. As well as treating the injury he also assessed my running style for any underlying issues and correctly identified previous injury sites. With his help I was able to quickly get back into training and, by some miracle, a week before the marathon I was pain free.
I joked that, as well as fixing my injury, I expected Nick to make me run faster. Well, maybe... Just maybe... The man's a magician! I'm delighted to say I ran a pb, clocked my first sub-3 hour marathon and came 46th out of all the ladies. Thank you Nick! I cannot recommend him enough.- Ros P
A big thank you to Elaine (osteopath) at Nick Castle Osteopathy & Sports Medicine Clinics - after just 2 sessions she managed to work out some major aches and pains I'd been having daily, for over 6 months. I plan on seeing her on a regular basis to prevent any future problems. Thanks again!- Priti S
I have had 2 sports massages with Nick, one in Kensington and one in Amersham. Nick is a very approachable therapist, who spends time building a picture of the type of sports you do and the injuries you have. I have found Nick's techniques to really help improve my performance.- Jane B